- Work with us
- Our capabilities
- News & events
- Contact us
Atomic layer deposition
The ALD system is equipped with a heated process chamber, remote plasma source, turbomolecular pump, and automated load lock for transferring substrates. The system is primarily intended for the deposition of a variety of thin films, including metals, oxides, and nitrides. Typical film thicknesses are monolayers up to tens of nanometers. Thicker films may be deposited but, since typical deposition rates are ~ 3-20 nm/h, deposition times will be several hours, at least.
Currently, the following films may be deposited in the ALD system; however, it has the capability to deposit many other materials, which may be added on request. For additional information, please contact the tool owner.
- Oxides: Al2O3, HfO2, SiO2, & ZnO.
- Nitrides: AlN
- Metals: Pt
- Highly conformable, well controlled layer by layer film deposition.
- Multi-layer film stacks possible.
- Aspect ratios of up to 450:1 in thermal mode or 20:1 in plasma mode are possible.
- Substrates up to 200 mm in diameter and 6 mm thick can be accommodated.
- Substrates may be heated up to 400°C.
- Process chamber turbomolecular pump provides a base pressure ~ 2 x 10-5 Torr.
- Load lock chamber with automated transfer of substrates into the process chamber.
- All depositions are performed from recipes.
- Available plasma gases are Ar, O2, N2, & H2. Any combination of gases may be used simultaneously, with the exception that O2& H2 cannot flow simultaneously.
|Typical Application||Thin film and multi-film deposition