Student Invention Competition 2020
Ever wake up in the middle of the night with a really great idea?
Do you hear yourself saying, “if we just had….”, or “wouldn’t it be better if….”?
Have you been sitting on an idea, just waiting for the right time and opportunity?
If you are a student or a group of students enrolled at a Canadian post-secondary institution with an innovative idea and are looking for a place to develop it, we want to know about you. 4D LABS at Simon Fraser University announces its 2020 Student Invention Program. Come to 4D LABS and see your ideas come to light. And let us cover the costs!
Come and tell us about your idea. If we like it, 4D LABS will offer you:
- up to four months of access to our state-of-the-art $70M Core Facility for Materials Science and Engineering,
- technical expertise to help design, build and test your invention
- practical and personalized business training and consultation to get your invention from the benchtop to the market
What are we looking for?
- ideas that have technical merit and a significant market impact
- inventions that can be turned into demonstrations within 4 months
- proposals that utilize the 4D LABS Core Facility resources
What do we want?
Not a lot. All we ask is that we have access to your demonstrations, including performance videos, for use in marketing our institute, and that you acknowledge 4D LABS on all publications and invention related press.
Who is eligible?
- If you are an individual or a team of students from a post secondary institution in Canada, you are welcome to submit your idea for approval.
What is our process?
- Enter the competition by completing a letter of intent (LOI) emailing it to email@example.com by April 1, 2020. This form can be downloaded from the link to the right hand side.
- If we like your idea, we will ask you to visit us at Simon Fraser University’s Burnaby Mountain campus pitch your idea in a ~1/2 hr PowerPoint presentation.
- We will announce the Competition Winners at the end of April.